Dustin Johnson & Joost Luiten DoMinate on the PGA & European Tour with the M1 Driver
Dustin Johnson Elevates to #1 in the FedExCup Standings Entering Tour Championship & Joost Luiten Claims Victory on Home Soil at the KLM Open
Following a course record 63 in Friday's second round in the BMW Championship, Dustin Johnson continued his display of prodigious distance off the tee with the M1 Special Edition driver and one of the best putting performances of the season with his new Spider Limited putter at Crooked Stick. Johnson dominated the field on Sunday claiming his 12th career win on the PGA TOUR and third of the season, matching stablemate Jason Day for most on Tour. He is now #1 in the FedExCup Standings.
On the European Tour, Joost Luiten, gaming his M1 Driver carded 10 birdies on his way to an eight-under 63, to come out on top in a final-round tussle on home soil at the KLM Open. This marks Luiten's second home victory at the KLM Open in his career.
What You Need To Know:
- Johnson’s and Luiten's win is the 20th on the PGA & European Tour (combined) this year for TaylorMade's M drivers.
- TaylorMade had 39.1% driver & 36.9% fairway wood counts at the BMW Championship, both of which led all manufacturers.
- The M Family dominated across the Driver, Fairway & Hybrid model counts at the KLM Open, claiming top spot.
- Joost Luiten plays the M1 430 Driver, 8.5*, Mitsubishi Rayon, Diamana S+ 60-X
- Long a player of a traditional blade putter, Johnson switched into the new Spider Limited putter this week, paying immediate dividends on the greens (finishing 2nd in SG: putting for the tournament). After playing the first two rounds of the DBC with Jason Day, DJ arrived at Crooked Stick and requested to test a similar Spider Limited putter. He tested an all-red and an all-black version, opting for the all-black prior to Thursday's opening round.
- Johnson led the field in driving distance (319.3) and putts per GIR (1.519).
In Johnson's Bag at the BMW Championship
- M1 Special Edition Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight)
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X M1 Fairway / 19* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) Irons / 3-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges / 52* & 60* (Tour Grind) / KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel
- Spider Limited Putter / 35 inches, 2.5* loft , 69 lie angle w/ 80/20 Pure Roll insert
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball (#1)
- Tour Preferred Glove
- New Era 9Fifty Snapback Hat
- adidas Golf Tour360 Boost Footwear
- adidas Golf apparel
In Luiten's Bag at the KLM Open
- M1 430 Driver / 8.5* / Mitsubishi Rayon, Diamana S+ 60-X
- AeroBurner Fairway / 15* / Aldila, ATX Green 75-X
TaylorMade Golf | #1 Driver in Golf | Drivers, Fairways, Irons, Wedges, Putters & Balls